Using social networking and social media sites is an effective way to marketing your small business. Here are five reasons why:
1) You have more control over securing your brand name if you spread out your business among several social media sites. Not only will users find your company more easily, but misrepresentation of your brand and competitors will be less likely to use your brand name.
2) Back linking from a social media profile to your website creates is another form of free advertising.
3) Quality traffic is a natural result of millions of users of social networking and media sites.
4) You can interact with the public and continue to get your name out there.
5) Numerous networking opportunities with other professionals in the industry provide ideas, insights, and put you out there with others who are moving their products.
Facebook, YouTube, Flickr and LinkedIn are some of the most popular ones, but they are not the only ones to explore.