Remember back to high school when every little thing was the very "end of the world?"
"I could just DIE!" I can remember saying that more than once. In your mind every person is starring at you, noticing the embarrassing thing you are wearing or the dumb thing you just did or said.
As an adult we may still feel like that but we now know that the reality is, people are so busy worrying about themselves, they don't care about your embarrassing moment.
People don't care – that sounds so harsh, but true. Scott Ginsberg illustrates that so perfectly over at Hello My Name is with the 9 things people don't care about.
I have talked to business men and women who are starting a business but can't pick up the phone to make a connection with potential customers because they haven't picked a company name, put a portfolio together or created the perfect website.
People don't care.
They want to know:
- that you are going to solve their problem
- that you are going to make their life easier
- that you are going to have the answers to their questions
- that you have a passion for what you do
- that you will offer a fresh perspective
- that you bring something to the table that they need
It's all about how you can help them.
Scott asks: what else do people care about? What do you think?