This is from a great book by Maria Veloso.
These steps are designed to make the task of writing web sales copy easy and each step takes the form of a question you need to answer.
Use this as a guide for the flow and outline of your next attempt at web or non-web sales copy.
1) What is the readers problem? Most products and services are designed to solve a problem, what is the problem you are solving.
2) Why hasn’t the problem been solved? Why does the problem exist, why might the reader not have a solution yet?
3) What is possible? What will their world be like when you solve their problem. Draw a picture of what is possible.
4) What is different now? Who are you and why is your solution different. This is where your USP (Unique Selling Proposition comes in.
5) What should you do know? Tell the reader what you want them to do. This is the call to action.
I have found using this template is useful when evaluating other websites sales copy, or non-web copy for that matter. Give it a try!